« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 12/4/2012, 17:17

Triplethor
B_NEWB_NEWB_NEWB_NEWB_NEWB_NEWB_NEW

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

Scoot McNairy Tapped For ‘Promised Land’ And ‘Touchy Feely’

Actor Scoot McNairy has joined the Gus Van Sant-directed Promised Land, and has landed the male lead in the Lynn Shelton-directed Touchy Feely, opposite Ellen Page and Rosemarie DeWitt. In the Matt Damon-John Strasinski-starrer Promised Land, McNairy leads a group of farmers that stand up when Damon’s character tries to drill on their land. McNairy is separately producing with his manager/producing partner John Pierce the indie film Frank and Cindy, which GJ Echternkamp will direct. Rene Russo and Michael Pena will star. The film is a scripted version of Echternkamp’s documentary, which focused on the filmmaker’s dysfunctional parents and his relationship with them.

McNairy will next be seen in the Andrew Dominik-directed Killing Me Softly opposite Brad Pitt, and the Ben Affleck-directed Argo for Warner Bros. He is repped by ICM and The Group Management.

Scoot_McNairy_1
ellenpage

view post Posted on 12/4/2012, 17:33

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

Scoot McNairy Joins New Lynn Shelton Pic 'Touchy Feely' With Ellen Page And Rosemarie DeWitt & Gus Van Sant's 'Promised Land'

A new Lynn Shelton movie appears to be brewing out of nowhere, while the latest from Gus Van Sant and Matt Damon has added an actor and at the center of it all is rising "Monsters" star Scoot McNairy.
Ellen Page, Rosemarie DeWitt and McNairy have joined "Touchy Feely," the next film from Shelton whose latest effort "Your Sister's Sister" heads into theaters this spring. This is pretty much the first we're hearing about this project and while Deadline doesn't offer a logline, we wonder if this the new title for film "Laggies" that signed to last summer. Written by Andrea Seigel, the story follows a woman who responds to her boyfriend's marriage proposal by pretending to go on a retreat, but spends a week hanging out with some new high-school age friends instead. So yeah, it could be that theoretically, or maybe something else entirely. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Meanwhile, McNairy will also join DeWitt along with Damon, John Krasinksi, Frances McDormand and Hal Holbrook in Gus Van Sant's "The Promised Land." Initially birthed from an idea by Dave Eggers, the story will center on two rival executives, with Damon arriving in a small town and having his life turned upside down. Some recent reports have said the film will involve the issue of fracking in some way, though until there's more concrete confirmation, it's speculation at the moment.

Bonus round: The ever busy McNairy is also producing "Frank And Cindy," a narrative remake of the documentary of the same name, directed by GJ Echternkamp (who also helmed the doc). Starring Michael Pena and Rene Russo (whoa, haven't heard that name in a while) the plot will tell the tale of the director's real life relationship with his parents, one of whom was a member of OXO, a one hit wonder band from the '80s who score momentarily on the charts with "Whirly Girl."

a0Sjt

teenage wasteland
view post Posted on 13/4/2012, 18:57

Cambio il titolo, Promised Land è il film di Van Sant ^^

Bene bene, sono molto felice per questo misterioso progetto di cui già si parlava!

view post Posted on 6/5/2012, 15:55

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

Lynn Shelton, Director of ‘Your Sister’s Sister’

Director Lynn Shelton has revealed further details about "Touchy Feely" in talks with the NY Times:

[...]
"Last month she started production on “Touchy Feely,” a comedy she wrote with multiple story lines, an ensemble cast that includes Scoot McNairy, Josh Pais, Ellen Page and Ron Livingston and, at the center, Rosemarie Dewitt as a massage therapist who suddenly finds the human body repulsive. In other words, not Ms. Shelton’s usual tightly focused three-hander.

“I made myself the promise that I would be shooting something this spring,” Ms. Shelton said, explaining that she pushed up the start date for “Touchy Feely” when another project of hers was postponed. Called “Laggies,” it will feature a big name star, Paul Rudd, and a script not written by her but by the novelist Andrea Seigel."
[...]

teenage wasteland
view post Posted on 7/5/2012, 21:21

Forte la trama! Una massaggiatrice che inizia a provare repulsione per il contatto fisico!

view post Posted on 9/5/2012, 19:24

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

On the set of Touchy Feely with Lynn Shelton and @joshpais #Hipstamatic #JohnS #Inas1969 foto set

teenage wasteland
view post Posted on 9/5/2012, 20:25

Carina con la frangetta!

view post Posted on 12/5/2012, 15:32

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

We just wrapped! Touchy Feely with Lynn Shelton and @joshpais! The best ever! #Hipstamatic #JohnS #Inas1969 #Standard https://twitter.com/#!/EllenPage/statu...4547585/photo/1

teenage wasteland
view post Posted on 13/5/2012, 12:06

Ahia, sta roba filtrata con Instagram!

view post Posted on 14/5/2012, 09:14

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

view post Posted on 22/11/2012, 21:39

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

view post Posted on 29/11/2012, 11:16

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

view post Posted on 29/11/2012, 22:19

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

Here's the first image from Lynn Shelton's "Touchy Feely"

xNKr8

view post Posted on 3/12/2012, 17:43

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

Next EPO news article regarding "Touchy Feely" and "Defend Our Coast" is in progress; should be available later this week

view post Posted on 13/12/2012, 08:35

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

40 replies since 12/4/2012, 17:17   316 views