{Ellen Page Italia ~ Our Juno.

The East, with Ellen Page Recruited For The East With Sundance Fave Brit Marling

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 3/5/2012, 07:26

Triplethor
B_NEWB_NEWB_NEWB_NEWB_NEWB_NEWB_NEW

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

view post Posted on 30/5/2012, 09:22

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

Bullet Media Interview - Alexander Skarsgård

Bullet Media Interview - Alexander Skarsgård: The Sea Inside:
[...]
According to breakout screenwriter Brit Marling, the actor was constantly cracking jokes on the set of director Zal Batmanglij’s upcoming eco-thriller The East, starring Marling and Ellen Page. Skarsgård can’t hide his fascination with Marling, who recently co-wrote and starred in Another Earth, and has been pumping out some of the most original screenplays in the industry. The East stars Skarsgård as Benji, the strong- headed leader of a radical environmentalist collective that Marling’s character infiltrates. Marling’s search for the key part took an unexpected turn when she saw True Blood. “I remember thinking that the show was so fantastical, and yet he made me believe it,” she says. “He believes, therefore the audience believes—you find yourself willing to accept these completely preposterous things.” She wanted to cast a person who would “make you walk away from your desk job and go into the forest with them to start an insurrection.” Needless to say, it’s a hard role to pull off. “Alex was so ‘it’ from the beginning because he has this gravitas, this deep well of soulfulness and feeling. You would follow him into the woods.” On the second day of shooting, the cast was naked in frigid water, bathing one another for a scene. “When something like that happens on the second day, it cuts through all the insecurities and everyone gets really close, very quickly. The experience was so raw and intense.”

jpeg

teenage wasteland
view post Posted on 30/5/2012, 13:05

Allego la mia traduzione, se qualcuno vuole riusarla metta i credits:
CITAZIONE
Secondo la sceneggiatrice emergente Brit Marling, l'attore raccontava costantemente barzellette sul set dell'imminente eco-thriller, diretto da Zal Batmanglij, The East, con la Marling ed Ellen Page. Skarsgaard non riesce a nascondere la sua ammirazione per la Marling, che recentemente ha co-scritto e interpretato Another Earth, e che sta scrivendo a getto continuo alcune delle sceneggiature più originali dell'industria cinematografica attuale. In The East Skarsgaard è Benji, il risoluto leader di un radicale collettivo ambientalista al cui interno si infiltra la Marling. La Marling era alla ricerca dell'attore per il ruolo principale, quando inaspettatamente si ritrovò a vedere True Blood: <<mi ricordo di aver pensato che la serie era molto irrealistica, eppure lui me la rendeva credibile>> confida. <<lui ci crede, perciò il pubblico ci crede: ci si ritrova disponibili ad accettare queste cose completamente assurde>>. Voleva un attore che <<avrebbe costretto il pubblico a lasciare il lavoro in ufficio e a seguirlo nella foresta per organizzare un'insurrezione>>. Va da sé che è un ruolo molto difficile da affrontare. <<alex è talmente entrato nel ruolo dall'inizio perché possiede questa gravitas, questo pozzo profondo capace di esprimere sentimenti ed emozioni. Lo si seguirebbe nel bosco>>. Il secondo giorno di riprese, il cast era nudo nell'acqua gelida, bagnandosi reciprocamente per una scena. <<quando qyalcosa del genere succede il secondo giorno, dà un taglio a tutte le insicurezze e tutti diventano molto affiatati, in brevissimo tempo. È stata un'esperienza molto cruda e intensa>>.

view post Posted on 28/6/2012, 15:47

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

THE EAST-The MPAA has given "The East" a PG-13 rating for "thematic elements, violence, some disturbing images, sexual content and partial nudity"

teenage wasteland
view post Posted on 30/6/2012, 09:03

CITAZIONE (Triplethor @ 28/6/2012, 16:47) 
THE EAST-The MPAA has given "The East" a PG-13 rating for "thematic elements, violence, some disturbing images, sexual content and partial nudity"

Be', era prevedibile! Però se c'è il bollino dell'MPAA presto avremo anche un trailer

view post Posted on 21/9/2012, 16:38

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

‎"I got to play a bisexual sometime-crossdresser. The back story is that Alexander Skarsgard and I had been lovers in college. He’s an attractive, tall, strapping man. He’s a nice guy."
— Shiloh Fernandez about “The East”

teenage wasteland
view post Posted on 23/9/2012, 20:53

CITAZIONE (Triplethor @ 21/9/2012, 17:38) 
‎"I got to play a bisexual sometime-crossdresser. The back story is that Alexander Skarsgard and I had been lovers in college. He’s an attractive, tall, strapping man. He’s a nice guy."
— Shiloh Fernandez about “The East”

Queste anticipazioni sono uno stillicidio -.-

view post Posted on 29/9/2012, 12:17

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

There was another (barely announced) screening of "The East" in Pasadena on September 13, 2012. According to some brief reviews, the movie isn't finished yet and needs some ADR.

view post Posted on 2/10/2012, 08:15

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

Tre film sull'eco-terrorismo

Tra The East di Zal Batmanglij (Sound of my voice) con Brit Marling, Ellen Page, Alexander Skarsgård, Patricia Clarkson e Shiloh Fernandez, e Night Moves di Kelly Reichardt (Meek's Cutoff) con Dakota Fanning, Jesse Eisenberg e Peter Sarsgaard, spunta fuori un altro titolo a base di "ecoterrorismo".

La Edward R. Pressman Film ha fatto causa ai produttori del nuovo film della Reichardt (tra cui Todd Haynes e Larry Fessenden) e allo sceneggiatore Jon Raymond (lo stesso di Old Joy, Wendy & Lucy, Meek's Cutoff, Mildred Pierce e del nuovo film di Haynes) e affermando che la storia è un palese adattamento di The Monkey Wrench Gang, romanzo scritto nel 1975 da Edward Abbey, che a sua volta diventerà un lungometraggio, e che molti elementi sono identici.

Al di là dell'esito della causa, la lotta ambientalista sta diventando un tema molto dibattuto nel cinema indipendente americano. (m.p.)

teenage wasteland
view post Posted on 8/10/2012, 18:42

CITAZIONE (Triplethor @ 29/9/2012, 13:17) 
There was another (barely announced) screening of "The East" in Pasadena on September 13, 2012. According to some brief reviews, the movie isn't finished yet and needs some ADR.

Allora non ce la faremo mai entro l'anno..

view post Posted on 20/11/2012, 21:20

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

teenage wasteland
view post Posted on 20/11/2012, 22:49

Finalmente torniamo a sapere qualcosa di questo film! E poi spero di rivedere Ellen su un red carpet, manca davvero da tanto...

view post Posted on 4/12/2012, 09:36

Triplethor

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

teenage wasteland
view post Posted on 4/12/2012, 09:58

Era ora! Era ora! Me la immaginavo proprio così! Grazie *-*

135 replies since 30/9/2011, 09:04   894 views