« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 28/6/2016, 09:44

Triplethor
B_NEWB_NEWB_NEWB_NEWB_NEWB_NEWB_NEW

Group:
Ellen Is My Obsession

Waiting!

ELLEN PAGE FOR BROOKLYN MAGAZINE | JULY/AUG 2016

It’s less clear, however, how Page sees the world; the phone interview obviously prohibits a sense of understanding. But even if we had met in person, it’s likely that Page, who seems as much an introvert as her on-screen persona is extroverted, would be similarly aloof. After all, she’s been in this business long enough, having gotten her start as a child actress in her native Canada. It’s probably why, despite approaching 30, she maintains a sense of spritely youthfulness balanced with the wisdom of an actor whose career spans almost two decades. She’s dealt with the experience of compartmentalizing public and private lives—two years ago, she broke that barrier when she came out publicly in a speech during a Human Rights Campaign conference. It was the second closet from which Page, like many celebrities before her, had to come out. “First of all, I thought everyone knew,” she says. “But it was still probably one of the most nerve-wracking and emotional moments in my life. It’s interesting, because I thought, ‘Oh, I’m okay, I’m not carrying anything anymore, I’ve dealt with this!’ And then I had to read [that speech] so many times so I was able to get through it. There is something shocking about it that in a way it was a good experience to have, because we can sometimes forgot where we are storing a lot of that emotion.”

It’s funny, though, that the private life of an actor is something to which his or her fans—or anyone who has seen them on camera—feel entitled to have access. Page says that her public admission of that aspect of her personal life did feel like a weight lifted from her shoulders; she’s even parlayed it, in a way, into a hosting gig: she co-starred in the Vice series Gaycation, traveling across the globe to examine the lives of queer people in places beyond our increasingly comfortable and accepting borders. As an actor, Page has learned to avoid those “Ellen emotions” in order to get the work done. As a private person, albeit a recognizable one, Page must keep something to herself, especially in a world in which so much of her is readily available to parse and interpret without her control. She lets her various alter egos speak for her instead. It’s less of an escape as much as it is a healthy retreat, another stop on her own emotional journey.
Read the full interview at Brooklyn Mag!

Read the full interview at Brooklyn Mag!

Amanda Friedman for Brooklyn Magazine - July/Aug

Amanada Friedman - Brooklyn Magazine Photoshoot Outtakes (all phtos)

upUql6j

Edited by Triplethor - 1/5/2017, 11:00

0 replies since 28/6/2016, 09:44   19 views